AI-Powered Real-Time Personalization: 6 Popular Alternatives to Dynamic Yield
Voted by the Association of National Advertisers (ANA) as the Marketing Word of the Year, 2019 – personalization is more than just a passing fad that has captured the imagination (and marketing budgets!) of digital brands across the globe.
Your customers need, demand, and expect to be treated as unique individuals. And, as marketers, you need to tailor-make highly contextual and meaningful experiences across the entire customer journey, at every digital touchpoint.
A seamless, customized end-to-end experience on your website or mobile app that anticipates what your customers are likely to click, search for, add to cart, or purchase next becomes the foundation for driving higher conversions and retention.
Recommended Read: The Ultimate Guide to using Web Personalization
Set in this backdrop, marketers have their job cut out to identify the right vendor to power their personalization strategies at scale. While Dynamic Yield has emerged as a major player in this space, there are factors that make it unsuitable, especially for startups and SMBs across industry verticals other than e-commerce.
High cost, bugs with the platform and plugins, lengthy integration times, lack of personalized product pages and personalized search, and gaps in dynamic content reports can be a major turn-off for brands looking to kickstart their conversion growth story ASAP.
But, don’t you worry!
Here are 6 highly rated alternatives to take your personalization efforts to the next level:
1. Netcore Smartech
A leading AI-powered personalization and multi-channel marketing automation platform, Smartech enables 5000+ brands to deliver hyper-personalized, contextual, and timely customer experiences at scale.
Smartech’s advanced solution allows you to go beyond personalizing your marketing campaigns and additionally empowers you to:
- Individualize the website or mobile app viewing experience: Based on their demographic and geolocation data, past search and purchase behavior, needs, and intents
- Personalize the entire website or mobile app navigational journey: This can include elements such as the product display or listing page, drop-down menu, etc. so your customers find exactly what they’re looking for – faster!
- Embrace the power of patented AI algorithms: To provide the most relevant predictive product or content recommendations based on their probability to search for, click on, add to cart, or purchase high-intent items
And, this is just the tip of the dynamic personalization iceberg that Smartech can help you with!
To get you started on your personalization journey effortlessly, Smartech can help you:
- Integrate in less than 15 minutes
- Go live in less than 5 days
- Experience positive results in less than 5 weeks
- Uplift conversions by 8%-13%
- Increase marketing ROI by 16x
- Improve behavioural predictions by 20%-25%
Product Video: Deliver Personalized Omnichannel Experiences Across All Touchpoints with AI-powered Personalization & Recommendation Engine
In fact, Smartech currently offers a free 5-week POC during which you can experience uplifts in your conversions and marketing ROI!
Based out of Somerville, Massachusetts, USA; Evergage prides itself in its real-time personalization and Customer Data Platform (CDP) capabilities. Their platform leverages behavioral analytics and ML to deliver 1:1 engagement across channels.
- Strong user-level analytics suite
- Good segmentation and targeting capabilities
- Effective A/B testing capabilities for web-based personalization and onsite messaging campaigns
- Heavy focus on e-commerce and retail as an industry vertical
- Complex UI that can take time to get accustomed to
- Limited timely creative assistance and inputs on a personalization strategy
- Pricing model makes it unsuitable for startups looking to scale
3. Adobe Target
A part of the Adobe Marketing Cloud, Adobe Target is an AI-driven omnichannel marketing automation platform. A legacy player in a space catering to predominantly enterprise clients, Adobe Target brings with it its own set of pros and cons.
- Customer-level targeting and personalization can be effectively driven
- Strong predictive analytics capabilities
- Mostly reliable A/B and multi-variate testing capabilities
- Works best when integrated with different products within the Adobe Marketing Cloud suite. There remain major concerns around which reporting tool to use or refer to Adobe Analytics or the one offered by Adobe Target itself
- Non-intuitive UI – particularly for those with no exposure to using Adobe products previously
- High cost of implementation and product, in general
- No KPI-focused approach
- Limited timely customer support that particularly hurts SMBs
Headquartered in London, UK; Qubit is a personalization platform that primarily caters to e-commerce brands. They aim to help “e-commerce teams match trading demands with customer affinities to turn a visit into a sale”.
- While their platform is primarily built for e-commerce as a vertical, they help resolve strong use cases for other online businesses as well
- Easily navigable UI that allows for rigorous testing
- Intuitive block templates to get started once the integration is complete
- Integration and configuration can be a challenge in the absence of user-friendly documentation. The process also requires above-average human intervention
- Below-expectation level clarity on conversion reporting and data visualization
- Limited marketing channel personalization that can reduce the impact of the individual customer journey towards conversion
- High cost might be a turn-off for smaller businesses looking for a cost-effective solution
Optimizely enables businesses to deliver continuous experimentation and personalization across websites and mobile apps. They help marketers deliver targeted messaging, personalized offers, and recommendations to their customers and users.
- Powerful A/B testing-driven platform that attempts to combine human expertise with ML
- Above-average reporting and performance analytics
- Strong online community to help resolve queries
- Clear focus on enterprise clients and prospects – reflective in their constantly changing pricing plans. This is a major red flag for a large number of SMBs
- Driving personalization at scale across a large number of pages on certain websites can produce underwhelming results
- Limited visual data representation while showcasing performance metrics
Certona is a real-time, AI-driven omnichannel personalization solution. They rely on “predictive analytics and ML to deliver fully-orchestrated customer experiences”. Certona primarily caters to clients in the e-commerce and online grocery verticals and could be a viable option for larger enterprises in these categories.
- Strong on personalized recommendations
- Running A/B tests and other optimization experimentations is easier than other notable alternatives
- Helpful customer success and support
- Pricing model may make it unappealing to smaller businesses attempting to accelerate growth through web-based personalization
- Requires high intervention from your developer team in terms of integration and implementation – this further inflates your operational costs
- Takes almost 10-12 weeks to see an appreciable increase in conversions
Let’s face it – the perfect product doesn’t exist. You need to evaluate your vendor based on the following:
- Monthly volume of traffic on your website or MAUs on your mobile app
- Number of product or content categories
- KPIs you want to impact based on industry benchmarks
- Time and effort needed for integration
- Complexity and flexibility of the platform and resources aligned to its utilization
- Ability to integrate with your existing martech stack to enable end-to-end customer journey personalization
- Suitable pricing plans that account for future growth
- Availability of timely customer support
- Time within which your KPIs start moving in the right direction
- Quality of reporting to have complete visibility on the performance of your personalization experiments
Personalization is not a linear journey and requires periodic optimization to boost conversions across your website or mobile app. And, to scale sustainable results, you need to make an informed decision while locking down on a suitable personalization solution.
Want to dial up your conversions by 8%-13% through a highly cost-effective AI-powered personalization platform? Don’t be a stranger and get started with your 5-week POC, today!